Thursday, 30 September 2010

September Travels

Apologies for the lack of posting recently. It has been an incredibly busy time. I have been to Ireland, Scotland and Austria since my last post, so had little opportunity to Blog - or even Tweet! I have some very interesting things to tell you in the coming weeks so thank you for your patience. Meanwhile here are some new photos from my travels. If you would like to see them bigger just double click on 'em!
Belfast, Ireland outside the BBC, where I appeared on
  BBC One's Sunday Morning Live program to talk about
 animal rights after that mean woman threw Lola the
cat in the dustbin and made headlines around the world.
Glasgow, Scotland outside the BBC again where I
appeared on a show about beauty that has not aired
yet so am under contract not to discuss! With me is
the lovely former Miss Great Britain, Liz Fuller.
London Fashion week opening party with top British designer Scott Henshall.
Same London Fashion week opening party with 
the Queen's official hairdresser, Ian Carmichael.

Bad Radkersburg, Austria at the Vitalhotel.This was taken backstage
 at the Rettl fashion show where I was one of the models.
There was a dog on the catwalk! This is Seppi Niederl, der Hundeflüsterer
(Dog Whisperer) of Austria and his perfectly behaved golden retriever.

4 comments:

  1. What exciting travels !
    You look great on all these pictures Cindy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful as always, Cindy. I use your products and I wish you made a sunscreen. Since you don't, may I ask which one you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I'm glad you like my products! I use natural sunscreens: sunglasses, hats, scarves, long sleeves, the shade of a tree or garden parasol, etc. This has worked for me all over the world, including being out in the African midday sun. Of course some sunshine still gets through, but we need a certain amount for Vitamin D. Although I don't use sunscreen out of a bottle, I normally don't go out without foundation, which provides a physical sun block for my face. There are so many chemicals in most sunscreen products that I would not put them on my skin. Obviously those who have to spend a lot of time outdoors in the sun need to be more careful, this is just what I do personally. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I think you're amazing! You remind me of myself a bit; people say I'm vain and there's no point in changing how I look, but you're right- why can't we have it all?? I feel less scared of aging thanks to you :) although I'm amazed you don't wear sunscreen when it contributes to 80% of skin's aging, if not more. If you don't want to use any chemicals like you mentioned above, you could just stick with a zinc oxide based one; it's perfectly safe and you can even make your own by mixing the powder with your favourite moisturiser, it's what I do.

    Either way, I think you're absolutely fantastic and now I feel so much more optimistic about the future; thankyou!

    ReplyDelete