Sunday, 26 February 2012

My (First) Twenty-Five Years of Cosmetic Surgery, Part 5


NEW "ANNIVERSARY" INTERVIEW, FEATURING MY CAT PIP!
Sunday, 26 February 2012

'It’s 25 years since 
my first op and I’ve 
no plans to stop'

Record-breaking real-life
Barbie Doll hits 57

World record holder ... Cindy Jackson 
By RACHEL HALLIWELL

CINDY JACKSON has been nipped, tucked and sliced open more times than anyone else on the planet.

So much so, she is unrecognisable from the woman who underwent her first cosmetic procedure 25 years ago.Her incredible transformation from plain and frumpy to sexy stunner has earned Cindy the Guinness World Record for having had the most cosmetic surgery procedures.

"I spend on average two weeks each year having surgery and recovering from it. I have to if I'm going to continue to hold back time," she says. "I'll only stop when I die, when they hammer that final nail into my coffin. As far as I'm concerned, this is only the anniversary of my first 25 years of surgery. I've got at least that many more to come."

The former pop singer first toyed with idea of changing her appearance when she came to London from Ohio in the US in 1977 to study fine art. She says: "From the age of six I knew I was a plain-looking girl and that it put me at a disadvantage compared to my far prettier classmates.



Changing faces ... Cindy has transformedherself since her first procedure 25 years ago
I could see that the better looking you were, the better other people treated you. I wanted to be a member of that golden group."

Cindy, who is single with no children, recalls: "A friend said that when I smiled my nose and chin looked as though they might touch. It made me feel ugly." Later, as an art student she learned that great artists such as Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci were successful because they knew how to create the perfect face.

She says: "They used very precise measurements and proportions — for example, they knew that the eyes needed to be so far apart and a certain distance from the chin. "I began to look at my own features and realised I wasn't pretty because my proportions were all wrong. I had a big nose and a prominent chin. My face didn't fit."

Cindy started looking at her reflection and imagining it as a lump of clay. "I'd see that if I could remould this, chisel away here and chip away there, I could become beautiful."

So when her late father, who was an inventor, left her £10,000 in 1987, she decided to spend it reinventing herself. Her wishlist included wider eyes, a smaller nose, high cheekbones, a more delicate jawline, perfect white teeth and fuller lips.
Plastic fantastic ... Cindy says she will only stop having surgery when she dies
She says: "I looked at myself as a rough draft of what could eventually become a beautiful work of art. But first I would need to adjust my face and remodel my body. I needed a smaller waist and flatter abdomen, as well as thinner thighs and knees and to lose my love handles and cellulite. Then I would be the full package."

During the last quarter-century Cindy has spent more than £62,000 on 52 surgical procedures, including five facelifts, jaw restructuring, a nose job, two eye-lifts, extensive liposuction and cheek implants. Around £20,000 more has gone on fillers and Botox injections. She says: "It would cost three times that in today's money. My first facelift cost me £1,500, you can't get one for less than £10,000 these days."

In 1989, two years after beginning her transformation, Cindy gave an exclusive interview to The Sun, after which she became a global celebrity. She says: "I got calls from publications and TV stations all over the world. I started charging for interviews and wrote two books — Living Doll and Image and Cosmetic Surgery Secrets. The proceeds funded more surgery. Suddenly Cindy Jackson became a worldwide brand.

"It took me 15 years to achieve everything on my wishlist. I booked in with the best surgeons on three continents, having operations in clinics in Australia, America and England.

In 1999, Cindy won her place in the book of Guinness World Records for having had the most cosmetic procedures. She has held it ever since.

She now acts as a cosmetic surgery consultant and has brought out her own skincare range and world's first HD makeup mirror. She says: "My experience has benefited patients all over the world. You can't start randomly changing things about yourself. It's a science and an art form."

Cindy says now she only has operations and procedures to maintain her youthful good looks.

She says: "I never intended to break records. I just want to be young and beautiful. I never want to look into the mirror and see a wrinkly old face staring back — and I don't think I will ever have to."

7 comments:

  1. It's so cool that the newspaper that started it all was able to interview you again after so many years. Was wondering: Is now a good time to purchase your surgery guide book or is there a new edition being released soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The current edition came out at the beginning of February. I usually update it 2 or 3 times a year when there is something new to put in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Just purchased your book, look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been using Retinol/Renova/Tretinoin in the past 25 years? Is this part of the secret of your beautiful skin? Thank you so much for sharing your experience>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry E, this one slipped through the net. No, I don't really get on with Retinol. I know it can be very effective but it really irritates my skin, which I know is part of the process. Personally for me it's just not convenient although it is certainly a valid treatment. I spent 2 years developing my own brand of microdermabrasion for home use, which I use several times a week. Before that I used every aggressive scrub on the market, but mine really works best. You can find out more about it here - you might have to copy the link and paste it onto your browser: http://www.cindyjackson.com/all-products/cindy-jackson-instant-results-microdermabrasion/prod_5.html

      Delete
  5. Could you post your trading faces documentary that aired around 5 years ago up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon! It would be a huge file for a start, but also it was done in 2005-2006, which makes it very outdated. I look quite a bit different now and the practitioners and procedures are no longer current. For example, I don't go to any of the same ones that were featured in the show. In fact, with the exception of my dentists, I don't go to the same people I did 18 months ago. See my newest post, out today for more on the reasons for that. Meanwhile, it's time for an updated documentary!

      Delete