Sunday, 3 June 2012

My (First) Twenty-Five Years of Cosmetic Surgery Part 7: NON-SURGICAL LIPOSUCTION, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? OR NOT?

Thank you to those who subscribed to my new VIP Members Service. I answered a lot of questions from new Members last week, enabling them to save time and money on the wrong procedures and empowering them with crucial inside information. The introductory fee will end shortly, so don't miss out! Now here's the new post:

I first had liposuction in 1988 when it was still new and controversial. Over the years I had several more sessions to completely reshape my body. Because I chose only the very best surgeons, my liposuction was hugely successful with no complications and gave me a figure that I could never have achieved with diet or exercise.

The benefits of conventional liposuction are well-known. Fat cells are removed forever and bodies can be reshaped in a matter of hours. However drawbacks include risk of infection, post-operative swelling & bruising, having to wear a compression garment for several weeks and downtime from normal activities. In most cases it also requires admission to a hospital or clinic and general anaesthetic. Therefore, as with all my procedures, I left nothing to chance. I did painstaking research beforehand, went in as a fully informed patient and was scrupulous about following after-care instructions. Perfect results are never a matter of luck or a hit-and-miss approach. 

When I heard rave reviews about a London doctor who has a new machine from the USA to get rid of fat cells without surgery, I was skeptical. There have been dozens of claims and machines that have come and gone in recent years, but surgical liposuction remained the only truly effective solution. (I know because I tried a good deal of the alternatives!)

However the science behind this particular non-surgical method is so sound that when I spoke to other practitioners about it, instead of the usual hoots of derision, they wanted to know more and agreed that, yes in theory, it should definitely work. The machine takes up one area of flab at a time and freezes the fat cells within it, causing them to perish and be eliminated over a period of weeks. 

Clinical trials proved its efficacy, as did the results of thousands of patients who had the treatment since it was approved by the USA's FDA. (Food and Drug Administration.) An eminent Los Angeles surgeon who is also a good friend has the machine and told me his patients are achieving very impressive fat loss. But of course for me, the real test would be if it got rid of MY fat!

After a recent bout of back problems, which made me much less active than usual, combined with "age" (!), some excess fat had accumulated around my middle. So last month I decided to have this innovative new procedure with the American machine here in London by the doctor I'd heard such good things about.

Summary: I had five areas around my waist treated in two sessions. Each area takes one hour. The cost is around £800 per area, depending on how many you have done. There's no pain and you can read, relax, talk on the phone or work on your laptop during the treatment. The dead fat cells then take two to three months to clear. At one month post-procedure, my treated areas are still numb and visibly shrinking. At this rate my waistline should be several inches smaller by the time I go on holiday next month. I will report on my progress and post pictures in weeks to come.

The treatment is painless and requires no anaesthetic. The first session
lasted three hours. After reading for awhile, I feel asleep!
Patient's eye view: Close-up picture I took of the machine as it gripped
 an area of fat on my waistline while freezing the targeted fat cells.
My fat -  frozen solid -  immediately after the treatment. It was numb, and when
 I touched it, it felt like finely crushed ice under my skin. After a few minutes
it melted, the frozen fat flattened and my skin returned to a normal colour.
 By the time i got home you would never know anything had been done.


CLICK HERE FOR PRIVATE VIP MEMBERSHIP AS ANNOUNCED IN LAST WEEK'S POST. I WILL ANSWER MEMBERS' INDIVIDUAL QUESTIONS VIA PRIVATE EMAIL. MEMBERS CAN ALSO BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL OFFERS AND REDUCED PRICES ON TREATMENTS SUCH AS THIS ONE.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Cindy Jackson. I just read an article about you in a Scandinavian magazine and I must say, I truly admire your courage to share your surgery journey with the rest of the world. What type of permanent lip enlargement do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I've had temporary lip fillers and Surgisil lip implants, which looked very unnatural and left me with visible scarring. I'm now looking for a safe and permanent lip filler. Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You must be referring to an article in Denmark's Femina magazine. I've had a few different procedures done to my upper and lower lips over the years to get the natural-looking result I have now. I'd be happy to discuss it in detail - this is the kind of valuable inside information my private members benefit from. Please go to this page if you're interested: http://www.cindyjackson.com/all-products/membership/prod_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy!

    I've seen pictures of you together with Valeria Lukyanova. :) I just wonder: What do you think of her? She seems to be a very nice person, but I personally can't believe that she had no plastic surgery as she states. I think it's pretty obvious. I hope I'm not too curious. Thanks a lot.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mortimer, yes, I met Valeria in Moscow and she does seem very nice, although she does not speak English and I do not speak Russian so we didn't have much of a conversation! I do believe that she has had no plastic surgery, at least not to her face, because she's very young and extremely thin with a nice complexion. A lot is done with the way she does her makeup, which isn't evident until you see her close up. The camera loves her and she moves very little, like a doll, which adds to the illusion. She is really a fascinating girl, and incredible to see in person. All the very best to you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      All the best.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the info! It was so helpful and very elaborated. I hope I can read again some additional information like this. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your openness and promotion of plastic surgery, there are many prevailing myths still lingering here in Scandinavia when it comes to appearance. The "there is someone for everyone out there" to "someone will love you for who you are" to "looks is in the eye of the beholder" etc and people are quickly judged as superficial if they don't adhere to these Disney fantasies.

    Reality is your looks determine your social standing, how well liked you are, what kind of jobs are open to you and most importantly your pick of partners for relationships. As a male who's never been more than about average I see an opportunity to level the playing field a bit. It breaks my heart sometimes when I check out dating sites and see some people desperate for love they will likely never find and the reason is blatantly obvious, and then to have other people judge them negatively for making an effort to change the bad cards life dealt them... well I have to say few things aggravate me more.

    I'm a 41 year old male I have undergone 6 plastic surgery sessions after a major weight loss of about 130 pounds in less than a year. I have had a butt lift, tummy tuck, gynomastica, and face lift, brow lift, nose job, and 2 corrections that also took 2-4 hours each on the table. In the future I plan to undergo some extensive surgery to my face to not just remain young looking but also look increasingly better. I'm very keen on using your service once I decide to continue doing surgery. I have found it takes a toll on me mentally to do so many with few breaks between them so it will likely be a few years down the road.

    I take it your also able to give advice on facial surgery for males ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your transformation and weight loss. Yes, I give advice to men as well. Increasingly so in fact, a great deal of my clients are men. I look forward to hearing from you again when you decide to continue your journey. I'm interested to know what you are planning for your face. There are some absolutely amazing surgeons that were not around when I first started, so there are limitless possibilities for increasing attractiveness these days.

      Delete
  7. It's been a while since your last blog post so looking forward to an update!! Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all is well! There will be a new blog post shortly. Just been busy helping PIP implant victims and lots of travel. Sorry for the absence, back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, Cindy! May I ask what kind of procedure did you go through? Sounds like you are quite happy with it. It is good to know that there are non-invasive procedures that patients can choose for body improvements. But I think it should come with the determination to stay fit and healthy to maintain what you started.

    Dennis Rode

    ReplyDelete